Tuesday, November 22, 2011

things that come in a bag

There are some cultural differences between Argentina and the United States regarding things sold at the grocery store that come in a bag. Some items seem to be more sensibly sold by the  bag, but sometimes a  box, or whatever, seems better.
When we lived in England, I saw family size juice drinks sold by the box for the first time. I thought it was a terrific idea. Well, that quite a few years  ago and juice drinks come in large boxes and small boxes in many places in the US now.
Look at the following items and decide if you would like to purchase them in a bag or in some other kind of container. Maybe they already sell these items in bags in your neighborhood!
At the end, I am going to share a personal family tradition, which has nothing to do with the things at the grocery store, but does have something to do with a BAG.
 DSC09396

Nestle’s Quick Powdered Drink Mix 








DSC09395




Three place setting of plastic cutlery








DSC09397



Powdered Milk






DSC09398



Very small bags of powdered sugar






DSC09394


Bread Crumbs







DSC09393



Liquid cleaner for toilets









DSC09392



Liquid Laundry detergent






DSC09390


Disinfecting wipes







DSC09410


Liquid yogurt drinks







DSC09409


Ricotta cheese







DSC09406



Ziploc Baggies (8 for about $2.00 US)






DSC09407



Granola bars









Desktop1



Ketchup, Barbeque Sauce, Mayonnaise, Mustard







DSC09401


Soup. I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of Tomato Sauce and the Pasta Sauces






DSC09408



Milk






 DSC09399  


Readymade cakes 







DSC09382



Baby food






Okay, so here’s the tradition:
After dinner, but before dessert everyone shares a
Blessing, an
Accomplishment, and a
Goal
We have a little rule that the blessing should be something that you hadn’t realized before, but appreciate this year or something that is a new blessing this year.
I’ll share my bag for 2011.
My blessing is that when I am lost or scared, (this usually happens with remis drivers, by the way) I remember that there are many people praying for me and that gives me peace. Thank you so much for all of your prayers!
My accomplishment is that I can understand most of what people are saying to me.
My goal is to write some parts of the mission blog in Spanish and English.
 Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Gracias por compartir tantas observaciones interesantes. Veo que aun de las cosas cotidianas siempre podemos aprender o ver algo "nuevo"
    FELIZ DÍA DE GRACIAS!!!

    ReplyDelete